Program Focus: Title III English Language Learners
Title III, Part A helps eligible IHEs to become self-sufficient and expand their capacity to serve low-income students by providing training to improve and strengthen the academic quality, institutional management, and fiscal stability of eligible institutions.
- Assist all ELL and immigrant students achieve at high levels in the core subjects;
- Develop high quality language instruction educational programs designed to assist state educational agencies, local educational agencies (LEAs) and school teaching ELL and immigrant students;
- Assist local educational agencies to develop and enhance their capacity to provide high quality instructional programs designed to prepare ELL and immigrant students enter all English instruction settings;
- Assist local educational agencies and school build their capacity to establish, implement, and sustain language instruction educational programs of English language development for ELL students;
- Promote parental and community involvement.
ESC Region 2 Notes -- Sunday, December 21, 2014